Aspects of Two Nodes - Rahu and Ketu

I was reluctant to write about Rahu and Ketu aspects in my previous post (Aspects of Planets in Vedic Astrology). Knowingly, I had avoided writing about it. But destiny has decided something else. I got several emails and comments, requesting me to write a post on Rahu Ketu aspects, which made me to write this post.

There are various views on Aspects of Rahu and Ketu, expressed by different authors, belonging to both classical and modern Astrology. Some say that Rahu and Ketu aspects 5,7 and 9th houses. Whereas few others say, that Rahu acts like Saturn and so, it aspects 3,7 and 10th houses. Likewise, Ketu acts like Mars and so aspects 4, 7 and 8th houses. Some opine that Ketu does not aspect any house because it is the tail part of the Rahu and there is no sight.

Many Authors agree that all planets aspect 5,7 and 9th houses.

My Views: Rahu and Ketu do aspect 5,7 and 9th house. But, in my experience, i found that, 7th aspect is most powerful.

Note: Books referred are - Mantreswara's Phaladeepika, Sri Venkatesa Daivagna's Sarvaartha Chinthamani, Brihat Parasara Hora sastra and Dr.B.V.Raman books


Back to Vedic Astrology

Labels: , ,